Can you smoke meat on an infrared grill?
Yes, you can smoke meat on an infrared grill. The key to success is to use a lower temperature than you would for regular grilling. It will ensure that the meat doesn’t get overcooked on the outside while remaining juicy and delicious. Here are some steps to smoke meat on an infrared grill:
- Choose your meat. Infrared grilling works best with thick cuts of meat, like pork chops or beef steak.
- Prepare your grill. Preheat your grill according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You’ll also need to soak some wood chips in water for about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Place the meat on the grill. Put your meat on the grill and close the lid for cooking.
- Add the wood chips. Drain the water from the wood chips and sprinkle them over the coals in your grill.
- Close the grill’s lid and allow the meat to cook for about 30 minutes or until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it. Enjoy!